Street/Parks/Rubble Site Department Superintendent
Milbank Street Department
311 W 3rd Ave
Milbank, SD 57252
Phone: (605) 432-5051
Location: Northeast corner of town adjacent to Bell Avenue.
Monday – Friday 1:00 – 4:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
(Rubble site will be closed on all City recognized holidays)
Items available to dump:
- Construction and demolition debris (non-burnable): Concrete, brick, stonework, asphaltic concrete, concrete block, asphaltic or fiberglass shingles, painted or stained wood, attached insulation, pipe, and similar wastes, excluding cardboard, plastic, Styrofoam, foam rubber, packaging material, and similar wastes.
- Trees and burnables: Scrap lumber, untreated wood, trees, tree branches, and brush
- Petroleum contaminated soil: Soil contaminated with diesel fuel, fuel oil, kerosene, jet fuel, or gasoline.
- White goods/metals: Refrigerators, washers, dryers, freezers, stoves, water heaters and other recyclable metals, excluding petroleum fuel tanks unless they have been cleaned and can be recycled.
- Miscellaneous wastes: Carpets, chairs, couches, mattresses, linoleum, glass, and similar items.
- Yard waste: Leaves, grass clippings and similar vegetation
Items NOT available to dump:
- Hazardous waste: Waste oil, solvents, PCBs, ash, etc including conditionally exempt small quantity generator (CESQG) waste.
- Pesticide containers
- Regulated asbestos-containing materials
- Lead-acid batteries
- Putrescible wastes: Municipal solid waste and household garbage.
- Liquid waste: Petroleum products, sludges, tar, paint, used motor oil, contaminated water, or other liquid wastes.
- Treated wood: Wood treated with inorganic chemicals, chromated copper arsenate (CCA), pentachlorophenol (PCP), or creosote. CCA and PCP treated wood is commonly referred to as green or brown treated.
- Miscellaneous wastes: Cardboard, plastic, plastic containers, Styrofoam, foam rubber, packaging materials, containerized paints, sealants, adhesives, and similar materials.
- Contaminated soil: Soil contaminated with pesticides, solvents, transformer oil, motor oil, lubricants, grease, tar, or similar materials.
- Waste tires